The Church Council at Sewerby Methodist Church has decided that in future years, 10% of its income should be set aside and donated to deserving charities. To this end, a small sub-committee was appointed to discuss and decide upon which charities were to receive a donation. The list would be reviewed each year.
The sub committee made the following recommendations which were approved by the Church Council in February 2018
The sum of £4,200 to be distributed between the following organizations:
- Action for Children (formerly National Children’s Homes NCH) – £400
- Methodist Homes for the Aged ( M.H.A.) – £400
- All We Can (formerly M.R.D.F.) – £400
- Kingfisher Trust (for homeless in Bridlington) – £250
- Water Aid – Local to Maasai Kenya – £800
- World Church – £400
- Mission Aviation – £400
- Red Cross – Hurricane Appeal – £250
- Bridlington Street Angels – £250
- Local Preachers & Worship Leaders Trust – £250
- Leprosy Mission – £400
- Total: £4,200
These allocations use up all the 2018 amounts.